Saturday, August 27, 2011

Bran Stark: Life After the Fall

I never thought that my life would be different after I fell from the tower, or shall I say, when a stunningly handsome yet evil man pushed me from the tower.

bran1

It seemed that I slept for an eternity.

But no, the moment I woke up from a terrible nightmare, my mother was there, still weeping. I do not understand why. I am still alive. For seconds, I just stared at the ceiling, thinking of what to do next.

And then it dawned on me.

I can no longer move my legs. My back hurt a bit. Also, it was excruciatingly hard to move. Suddenly, mother hugged me tightly. At the risk of sounding defensive, I told her that it was just an accident and all of us didn’t want that to happen… or so I thought.

I keep on telling myself that a man did not push me from the tower; that all I heard and seen from the tower was just a figment of my wild imaginations. But no, every time I close my eyes, I always dream that particular moment – the moan of the lady, the telltales about King’s Landing and the rest of the kingdoms and my fall.

Back at Winterfell, I met a tiny man named Tyrion Lannister. He was just half of my size but has a soul bigger than any dire wolves of The Haunted Forest. I surmised that he was a brave and cunning man. He gave me this improvised machine that would allow me to stand for a while; and I am thankful for that.

I know that I can no longer move my legs but that does not mean that I can no longer fulfill my dream, to become a knight of Winterfell.

I am Bran Stark, and the Starks do not give up easily, no matter how hard their ordeals were.

That’s it for now. Off to the archery to meet my brother, Robb.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...